Vegetable Khorma is a mild Indian Gravy. It can be had with any Indian Bread or Rice. In Southern India they have it with Iddiappam too.
(Serves 8-10 adults)
Ginger Paste-120 gms
Garlic Paste-120 gms
Garam Masala Powder-6 gms
Green Chilies-19 gms
Corriander Leaves-21 gms
Sha Jeera-10 gms
Turmeric Powder-6 gms
Corriander Powder-6 gms
Water Melon Seed-30 gms
Grated Coconut-100 gms
Vegetables- 700 gns
(You can choose a combination of vegetables of your choice)
1. Make a fine onion paste.
2. Make a fine tomato paste. Make paste of Melon Seeds.
3. Heat the oil in a suitable vessel.
4. Add the onion paste carefully as there will be spurting.
5. Fry the onions till color begins to change.
6. Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder followed by ginger-garlic paste.
7. Fry well.
8. Add Green Chilly paste followed by garam masala powder and coriander powder.
9. Add a little water and allow it to mixer, mixing occasionally.
10. Add tomato paste and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
11. Add the cut and washed vegetables, cover the vessel and let it cook on slow flame.
NOTE: If you are using cauliflower, it is advisable to cut it and keep it in hot water for some time before using it for cooking
12. When the vegetables are half cooked, is half cooked add the melon seed paste.
13. Continue cooking on slow flame till oil begins to separate.
14. If you want to make North Indian style Khorma-add milk and curd and cook till oil separates.
15. For South Indian Khorma-add coconut milk/grated coconut and cook till oil separates.