Crumb Fried Chicken can be served as an accompaniment with Biryani. It can also serve a heavy snack. This is one dish where you can play around with your recipe as much as you like.
CRUMB FRIED CHICKEN
Chicken- l kg.
Lemon Juice- 2 lemons.
Ginger Paste- 50 gms.
Garlic Paste- 50 gms.
Coriander Leaves- about 20 stems.
Mint Leaves – about 7-8 stems.
Black Pepper Powder- to taste
Salt- to taste
Eggs 3 nos.
Bread Crumbs- approx. 500 gms.
Oil for frying.
1. If you are using boned chicken, except for the leg pieces cut the other pieces into 14 pcs per bird. For boneless chicken, you can make the pieces smaller.
2. Prepare a paste of coriander and mint leaves with a minimum quantity of water.
3.Marinate the chicken pieces with a mix of ginger, garlic pastes along with the paste of coriander and mint leaves using lemon juice for mixing. Add salt and black pepper powder to taste. Keep for 1 hour.
4. Keep the marinated chicken on a low flame in a covered cooking vessel. When it starts boiling switch off the flame and wait for about 10 minutes before proceeding further.
5. In the meantime, beat the eggs nicely adding a bit of salt and pepper powder.
6. Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg and remove it immediately and roll it in the breadcrumbs to get an even coat.Complete this process for the full lot before starting to fry.
7. In a kadai (a deep frying pan), take enough oil to fry 2-3pieces of coated pieces of chicken (to avoid wastage of oil) to light golden color.
You can reheat crumb chicken either in an oven or a microwave.
You can change the marinade to your taste e.g. chilly/soya sauce etc.
If you are serving this dish as a snack you can serve it alongwith tomato and or chilly sauce.