Chicken Khorma is a relatively mild dish compared to most other Indian Gravy dishes
(Serves 8-10 adults)
Ginger Paste-120 gms
Garlic Paste-120 gms
Garam Masala Powder-6 gms
Green Chilies-19 gms
Corriander Leaves-21 gms
Sha Jeera-10 gms
Turmeric Powder-6 gms
Corriander Powder-6 gms
Water Melon Seed-30 gms
Grated Coconut-100 gms
Chicken 1 kg. (cut into medium sized pieces)
1. Make a fine onion paste.
2. Make a fine tomato paste. Make a paste of Melon Seeds.
3. Heat the oil in a suitable vessel.
4. Add the onion paste carefully as there will be spurting.
5. Fry the onions till color begins to change.
6. Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder followed by ginger-garlic paste.
7. Fry well.
8. Add Green Chilly paste followed by garam masala powder and coriander powder.
9. Add a little water and allow it to cook, mixing occasionally.
10. Add tomato paste and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
11. Add Chicken pieces and cover the vessel and let it cook on slow flame.
12. When chicken is half cooked add the melon seed paste.
13. Continue cooking on slow flame till oil begins to separate.
14. If you want to make North Indian style Khorma-add milk and curd and cook till oil separates.
15. For South Indian Khorma-add coconut milk/grated coconut and cook till oil separates.